Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Eragon" by Christopher Paolini

This exciting adventure is the first of three in The Inheritance Cycle. These books begin with a farmer boy living near the small town of Carvahall. This boy, Eragon, is an exceptionally good hunter, and one day, while he is hunting amidst a mysterious mountain range that is feared by all who live around it, Eragon finds a strange, blue stone. He brings the stone home with him and later travels to the fair to see if he can sell it to anyone. There he meets Brom, an old storyteller, who advises him not to sell the stone, but to keep it for himself. This stone soon hatches into a beautiful girl dragon. Eragon has no idea that now, but he must be trained to be a Rider, and he is destined to one day fight the mighty Galbatorix, who currently is ruler of all of the land Eragon inhabits.If Eragon cannot meet his destiny, Dragons, and all other races that Eragon lives with, will become extinct. I would reccomend reading all three of these amazing books. They have captivated my attention beyond belief and I never for a moment wanted to put them down. I have only read through the second book so far, but I cannot wait to get the third and pore through its contents. Absolutley a marvelous read.
(Note to Mrs. Uhr:I had already read this book when we were assigned the reading lists, so i read the sequel to this book. I have written this to assist my fellow bloggers and catch them up to speed somewhat so that the second book's post will make some sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment