Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Taken" by Edward Bloor

"Taken" is the wonderful and thrilling story of a girl living in 2035. Kidnapping rich children has become a popular way for criminals to make fast and easy money. Our story begins with, Charity Meyers, our main character, being taken. She soon realizes that in order to keep herself calm, she must think about something other than the white ambulance and stretcher her kidnappers are keeping her in. She decides to immerse herself in her past, starting 4 days before her kidnapping and slowly leading herself up to the present. I enjoyed reading this book very much, although I thought the beginning was a little slow. The ending had many unexpected twists and turns and as soon as Charity started to speak about the present and not the past, I could not put it down. If you have read this book, or have heard things about it, I would like to hear your comments. If you have never read this book, I would recommend it, especially if you are looking for a short thriller or you like surprises in your reads.

3 comments:

  1. Hey young reader, I read Taken and really liked it. It opened up a world I had not even thought about, being so rich that day to day life is dangerous. It's hard to know if the situations shown in the book are real, but they certainly feel like they could be. In fact, years ago there really was an individual who was kidnapped or "taken" and they cut off his ear and sent it to his parents. Yuck!! This book was a fast read and I enjoyed it very much.
    Crazy Cat Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWWWWWW! That would be the worst. Imagine, going out to the mail box and finding your son's ear inside. Just disgusting!! I'm glad that you enjoyed this read as much as I did, and I am also thankful for your comment. You have helped this site grow, and that is exactly what it needs. More followers would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to disagree, the book was horrible, and so slow that by the time it got interesting I was still bored. I am not one to curl my lip at books but by the time of the helicopter crash I was like "big woop" because everything had dulled down.

    ReplyDelete